What is involved in Social IT Management
Find out what the related areas are that Social IT Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social IT Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social IT Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social IT Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social IT Management related domains to cover and 97 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social IT Management, Social project management, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Activity stream, Agile software development, Ambient awareness, Collaborative software, Critical-path method, Information Overload, PRINCE2, Project management, Project management 2.0, Project portfolio management, Social business software, Social intelligence, Social media, Web 2.0:
Social IT Management Critical Criteria:
Study Social IT Management governance and observe effective Social IT Management.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Social IT Management?
– Which Social IT Management goals are the most important?
– Why are Social IT Management skills important?
Social project management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Social project management outcomes and differentiate in coordinating Social project management.
– When a Social IT Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Will Social IT Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the long-term Social IT Management goals?
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Deduce A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Can we add value to the current Social IT Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Social IT Management project?
– Do we all define Social IT Management in the same way?
Activity stream Critical Criteria:
Nurse Activity stream tactics and customize techniques for implementing Activity stream controls.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Social IT Management?
– To what extent does management recognize Social IT Management as a tool to increase the results?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Agile software development outcomes and find out.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– A separate test team?
– What is Agility ?
Ambient awareness Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Ambient awareness issues and report on developing an effective Ambient awareness strategy.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Social IT Management process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Social IT Management project manager?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Unify Collaborative software governance and cater for concise Collaborative software education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Social IT Management processes?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Social IT Management effort?
– What business benefits will Social IT Management goals deliver if achieved?
Critical-path method Critical Criteria:
Steer Critical-path method failures and drive action.
– What are all of our Social IT Management domains and what do they do?
Information Overload Critical Criteria:
Merge Information Overload failures and balance specific methods for improving Information Overload results.
– Does Social IT Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Social IT Management that make it risky?
– What are internal and external Social IT Management relations?
PRINCE2 Critical Criteria:
Derive from PRINCE2 decisions and create PRINCE2 explanations for all managers.
– A lot of these decisions are based around selecting the correct level of governance and ceremony. At project initiation there should be questions such as Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– How will you measure your Social IT Management effectiveness?
– How do we maintain Social IT Managements Integrity?
– How do we keep improving Social IT Management?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Project management decisions and ask what if.
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– What is agile project management?
– What is agile anyways?
– When is done done?
Project management 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Chart Project management 2.0 strategies and oversee implementation of Project management 2.0.
– Is there any existing Social IT Management governance structure?
– Does our organization need more Social IT Management education?
Project portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Project portfolio management management and probe Project portfolio management strategic alliances.
– Think about the functions involved in your Social IT Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we go about Comparing Social IT Management approaches/solutions?
– Are there Social IT Management problems defined?
– What is project portfolio management?
Social business software Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Social business software projects and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Social business software services.
– Consider your own Social IT Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Social IT Management moving forward?
Social intelligence Critical Criteria:
Apply Social intelligence goals and learn.
– What is the value of integrating social intelligence listening and engagement into the CRM your business is using?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Social IT Management process?
– How do we know that any Social IT Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Meet over Social media failures and find the essential reading for Social media researchers.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Social IT Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social IT Management. How do we gain traction?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
Web 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Web 2.0 adoptions and define Web 2.0 competency-based leadership.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Social IT Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can skill-level changes improve Social IT Management?
– How to Secure Social IT Management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social IT Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social IT Management External links:
How to Get Started With Social IT Management – Gartner
Social project management External links:
Facilitate Teamwork with Social Project Management – YouTube
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge External links:
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK(R) Guide-Sixth Edition / Agile Practice Guide Bundle (Pmbok Guide) …
[PDF]A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
Available in: Paperback. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) —Fifth Edition reflects the collaboration and
Activity stream External links:
Activity Stream – Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Activity Streams 2.0 Core – World Wide Web Consortium
Activity Stream in the Blackboard App | Blackboard Help
Agile software development External links:
Introducing Agile Software Development
Ambient awareness External links:
The Power Of Ambient Awareness | Techdirt
Ambient Awareness – Cyborg Anthropology
Collaborative software External links:
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Information Overload External links:
Information overload (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Information Overload | R2 Digital Library
OrDuH | Information Overload!
PRINCE2 External links:
PRINCE2 2017, PRINCE2 Training, PRINCE2 Courses, …
Project management 2.0 External links:
Keynote Presentation : Project Management 2.0: The …
Project portfolio management External links:
Eclipse Project Portfolio Management – Login
Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management …
Project Portfolio Management Software | Deltek PPM
Social intelligence External links:
ListenFirst Media – Social Intelligence, Made Simple
TRACOM Group: Social Intelligence & Soft Skills Training
Shareablee – Social Intelligence at your fingertips
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
U.S. Army Social Media
A Unified Social Media Management Platform – Statusbrew
Web 2.0 External links:
Wholesale SEO Services – Web 2.0 Ranker
web 2.0 lawyer
Web 2.0 Tools in Teaching and Learning – University …