What is involved in datastage
Find out what the related areas are that datastage connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a datastage thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IBM InfoSphere DataStage journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IBM InfoSphere DataStage leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which datastage related domains to cover and 50 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
datastage, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Ascential Software, Computing platform, Data integration, Extract, transform, load, IBM U2, Informix Corporation, Mainframe computer, Oracle Corporation, PeopleSoft, Rocket U2, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Software release life cycle:
datastage Critical Criteria:
Review datastage management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive datastage projects.
– What is the total cost related to deploying datastage, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting datastage with what users do day-to-day?
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Critical Criteria:
Investigate IBM InfoSphere DataStage goals and correct better engagement with IBM InfoSphere DataStage results.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate datastage delivery for example is new software needed?
Ascential Software Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Ascential Software adoptions and tour deciding if Ascential Software progress is made.
– Is a datastage Team Work effort in place?
– What is Effective datastage?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Computing platform results and remodel and develop an effective Computing platform strategy.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our datastage agendas for the next 3 years?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its datastage processes?
– What business benefits will datastage goals deliver if achieved?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Study Data integration adoptions and research ways can we become the Data integration company that would put us out of business.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your datastage strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a datastage project?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– What threat is datastage addressing?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Extract, transform, load engagements and gather practices for scaling Extract, transform, load.
– What are the key elements of your datastage performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the source of the strategies for datastage strengthening and reform?
– Does datastage appropriately measure and monitor risk?
IBM U2 Critical Criteria:
Recall IBM U2 strategies and report on developing an effective IBM U2 strategy.
– Can we add value to the current datastage decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that datastage objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does datastage create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Informix Corporation Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Informix Corporation visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the disruptive datastage technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom datastage project?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Infer Mainframe computer strategies and point out improvements in Mainframe computer.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic datastage objectives?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Oracle Corporation goals and handle a jump-start course to Oracle Corporation.
– In the case of a datastage project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a datastage project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any datastage project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– When a datastage manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How much does datastage help?
PeopleSoft Critical Criteria:
Drive PeopleSoft management and mentor PeopleSoft customer orientation.
– Is the datastage organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of datastage that make it risky?
Rocket U2 Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Rocket U2 outcomes and know what your objective is.
– For your datastage project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How will you know that the datastage project has been successful?
– How can skill-level changes improve datastage?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Understand Service-oriented architecture tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Service-oriented architecture and constraints.
– How likely is the current datastage plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– To what extent does management recognize datastage as a tool to increase the results?
– What potential environmental factors impact the datastage effort?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Software categories leadership and get going.
– Have the types of risks that may impact datastage been identified and analyzed?
– What are the usability implications of datastage actions?
– Which datastage goals are the most important?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Software developer adoptions and assess and formulate effective operational and Software developer strategies.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a datastage strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we measure improved datastage service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we manage datastage Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Software release life cycle adoptions and attract Software release life cycle skills.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of datastage product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed datastage opportunities costing us money?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IBM InfoSphere DataStage Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
datastage External links:
DATASTAGE Developer – DATASTAGE Developer | Indeed
Datastage-Stages | InfoSphere DataStage – IBM
InfoSphere DataStage Server – IBM MediaCenter
IBM InfoSphere DataStage External links:
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Server, Version 8.7, for …
ibm infosphere datastage jobs | Dice.com
Ascential Software External links:
Buying Mercator Will Extend Ascential Software’s Reach
Ascential Software | Crunchbase
IBM to Acquire Ascential Software – United States
Computing platform External links:
In-Memory Computing Platform | GigaSpaces
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
DeepBrainChain: Decentralized AI Computing Platform
Data integration External links:
Data Integration – Kettle | Hitachi Vantara Community
[PDF]DATA INTEGRATION – Academics | WPI
Extract, transform, load External links:
ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Database
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia …
Informix Corporation External links:
Informix Corporation | IT History Society
Informix Corporation Reviews – CB Insights
Grant Talbot | Informix Corporation | ZoomInfo.com
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Playing with Junk 31 – IBM Z9 Mainframe Computer Teardown
IBM Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL Key Statistics | Oracle Corporation Stock – Yahoo
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Pre-Market Trading – NASDAQ.com
PeopleSoft External links:
PeopleSoft 8 Sign-in
Welcome to PeopleSoft!
Oracle PeopleSoft Sign-in
Rocket U2 External links:
Rocket U2 BDT and Rocket Aldon LM(e) – YouTube
Error, “[Rocket U2][UVODBC]Error ID: 46 …
Rocket U2 Clients | Rocket Software
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Software categories External links:
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Software Developer | CyberGrants
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Job Posting: Software Developer – DiscoverLink e-learning
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle | 9to5Mac
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora