What is involved in Data Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Data Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Governance related domains to cover and 288 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Governance, Asset Description Metadata Schema, Basel I, Basel II, Basel II Accord, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Continuous improvement, Corporate data, Corporate governance, Cultural governance, DM Review Magazine, Data Protection Directive, Data mapping, Data profiling, Data quality, Data steward, Decision making, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, General Data Protection Regulation, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/TC 215, Information Architecture, Information governance, Information security, Information technology, Information technology controls, Information technology governance, Knowledge worker, Line function, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Master data management, Mergers and acquisitions, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Operational risk management, Political party governance, Private governance, Project governance, Project management, Quality control, SOA governance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Security sector governance and reform, Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules, Simulation Governance, Six Sigma, Soil governance, Supply chain, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Universal Data Element Framework, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Data Governance Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Data Governance tactics and research ways can we become the Data Governance company that would put us out of business.
– When sharing data, are appropriate procedures, such as sharing agreements, put in place to ensure that any Personally identifiable information remains strictly confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure?
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– Can data in your non-production environments be protected, yet still be usable for training, application development and testing?
– How will decisions regarding these key enterprise data processes be made and monitored?
– Is the data coming from the best sources (lineage; most reliable, timely)?
– Document distribution how does taxonomy shape match that of content?
– Do you have specific team/s with corporate responsibility for?
– Document distribution: how evenly does it divide the content?
– Do new candidates write code during their interview?
– What are the key objectives of your organization?
– Why use the dgi data governance framework?
– How to govern its use and maintenance?
– Why create a data governance system?
– How long are the agreements valid?
– Security. should it be encrypted?
– Logical data model available?
– What entity do you represent?
– Do you use source control?
– Who is a data stakeholder?
– How do we maintain them?
Asset Description Metadata Schema Critical Criteria:
Match Asset Description Metadata Schema planning and reduce Asset Description Metadata Schema costs.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data Governance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data Governance project lifecycle?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data Governance ?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Governance needs?
Basel I Critical Criteria:
Trace Basel I leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Basel I projects.
– What are the barriers to increased Data Governance production?
– Are there Data Governance Models?
Basel II Critical Criteria:
Devise Basel II issues and point out Basel II tensions in leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Governance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Have you identified your Data Governance key performance indicators?
– What business benefits will Data Governance goals deliver if achieved?
Basel II Accord Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Basel II Accord engagements and get going.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Data Governance process?
– Think of your Data Governance project. what are the main functions?
– Why is Data Governance important for you now?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Chief governance officer planning and drive action.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Data Governance project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Governance activities?
– What is our Data Governance Strategy?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Climate governance quality and drive action.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data Governance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Why should we adopt a Data Governance framework?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Clinical governance planning and define Clinical governance competency-based leadership.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Governance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– In a project to restructure Data Governance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is Effective Data Governance?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Collaborative governance adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Collaborative governance projects.
– Who sets the Data Governance standards?
Continuous improvement Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Continuous improvement results and do something to it.
– So, how do you avoid getting wrapped up in the complexities and use systems thinking to guide change and continuous improvement?
– In what ways are Data Governance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Governance?
– Can we do Data Governance without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– How do we place an emphasis on continuous improvement?
Corporate data Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Corporate data governance and assess what counts with Corporate data that we are not counting.
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Governance process?
– Which of the SaaS employees has root and database access, and will anything prevent them from getting access to your corporate data?
– When a Data Governance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the usability implications of Data Governance actions?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Derive from Corporate governance leadership and find the ideas you already have.
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Graph Cultural governance decisions and get going.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Governance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Data Governance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does the Data Governance task fit the clients priorities?
DM Review Magazine Critical Criteria:
Steer DM Review Magazine tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive DM Review Magazine projects.
Data Protection Directive Critical Criteria:
Categorize Data Protection Directive governance and describe the risks of Data Protection Directive sustainability.
– Do we monitor the Data Governance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are there Data Governance problems defined?
Data mapping Critical Criteria:
Review Data mapping decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Data mapping projects.
– How likely is the current Data Governance plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Data profiling Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Data profiling adoptions and get going.
– How can you negotiate Data Governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Have all basic functions of Data Governance been defined?
– How will you measure your Data Governance effectiveness?
– Do we do data profiling?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Design Data quality governance and assess what counts with Data quality that we are not counting.
– Do the data collected, analyzed and reported have established mechanisms in place to reduce manipulation or simple errors in transcription?
– Are there operational indicator definitions meeting relevant standards that are systematically followed by all service points?
– Information on verification or evidence for the value and accuracy how can I check the value or have a confidence in it?
– Validation: does data meet analytic and sample specific requirements (usually done by a qa officer or external party)?
– Are clearly written instructions available on how to use the reporting tools/forms related to people reached/served?
– Do we double check that the data collected follows the plans and procedures for data collection?
– Does the reported data contain enough information to represent performance measure activities?
– Does clear documentation of collection, aggregation and manipulation steps exist?
– Accessibility: is the data easily accessible, understandable, and usable?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– What are the data quality requirements required by the business user?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– How can you control the probability of making decision errors?
– Data rich enough to answer analysis/business question?
– Does the database contain what you think it contains?
– What is the lowest level for which you have data?
– What research is relevant to Data Quality?
– How do you determine the quality of data?
– Is the frequency of review identified?
– Is the system acceptable?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Data steward visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are there recognized Data Governance problems?
– How much does Data Governance help?
– Other data stewards?
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Consult on Decision making governance and point out improvements in Decision making.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Data Governance into the services that we provide?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Governance approaches/solutions?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Use past Earth system governance quality and attract Earth system governance skills.
– What are the long-term Data Governance goals?
– Why are Data Governance skills important?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Generalize Ecclesiastical polity visions and perfect Ecclesiastical polity conflict management.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Data Governance project?
– Does Data Governance appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we Lead with Data Governance in Mind?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Gauge Environmental, social and corporate governance leadership and probe the present value of growth of Environmental, social and corporate governance.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Governance? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Data Governance objectives?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Governance?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Reason over Environmental governance leadership and get the big picture.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data Governance?
– Do Data Governance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
General Data Protection Regulation Critical Criteria:
Analyze General Data Protection Regulation projects and optimize General Data Protection Regulation leadership as a key to advancement.
– What about Data Governance Analysis of results?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Global governance governance and describe which business rules are needed as Global governance interface.
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Consider Good governance leadership and shift your focus.
– To what extent does management recognize Data Governance as a tool to increase the results?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Governance, risk management, and compliance decisions and develop and take control of the Governance, risk management, and compliance initiative.
– In the case of a Data Governance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data Governance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data Governance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– what is the best design framework for Data Governance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Data Governance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Governance in higher education management and proactively manage Governance in higher education risks.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Data Governance services/products?
ISO/IEC 38500 Critical Criteria:
Review ISO/IEC 38500 goals and create a map for yourself.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Governance study?
– Does Data Governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
ISO/TC 215 Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate ISO/TC 215 issues and document what potential ISO/TC 215 megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Governance is underway?
– Are assumptions made in Data Governance stated explicitly?
– What will drive Data Governance change?
Information Architecture Critical Criteria:
Start Information Architecture results and balance specific methods for improving Information Architecture results.
– Some terms will undoubtedly be synonyms (e.g., cancer and oncology), others will be variants on the same term (e.g., microfiltration systems and microfiltration services), and some will be related but not quite the same (e.g., stationery and letterhead). Youll need to make some tough decisions here. With synonyms, choose the term that best fits the language of your sites users. So, if theyre medical professionals, use the medical term oncology rather than the more generic term cancer. If you encounter variants or synonyms, ask yourself if they are different or part of the same general concept. For example, do microfiltration systems and microfiltration services need to be distinguished, or could they be combined under microfiltration?
– Is there a plan to evaluate and validate the models, classification, semantics and structure based on the users perspective?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– Are business goals and objectives a direct translation of the companys vision statement?
– Has the volume analysis been performed for the information that will be generated?
– So how does it get done in the non-Web world, and can we learn anything from it?
– What are the top 10-20 most frequently visited pages on your existing website?
– Take a look at the site structure listing. What are the major sections?
– Have text analytics mechanisms like entity extraction been considered?
– Are we architecting just the umbrella site or the sub-sites as well?
– Maybe include pointers to ongoing research in various areas?
– What approaches to navigation work best in what situations?
– How to integrate with relevance feedback (more like this)?
– Have the interoperability requirements been evaluated?
– Is there an information classification strategy?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– How should free-text search be integrated?
– Why do bad architectures happen so often?
– Has the scope of search being determined?
– How to progressively expose hierarchies?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Explore Information governance strategies and point out Information governance tensions in leadership.
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Data Governance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Governance strengthening and reform?
– What are the business goals Data Governance is aiming to achieve?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Meet over Information security management and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Information security.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Is there an information security policy to provide mgmt direction and support for information security in accordance with business requirements, relevant laws and regulations?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Have the roles and responsibilities for information security been clearly defined within the company?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
– What is the goal of information security?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Guide Information technology decisions and stake your claim.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Data Governance process?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Information technology controls Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Information technology controls strategies and probe Information technology controls strategic alliances.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Governance goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we manage Data Governance Knowledge Management (KM)?
Information technology governance Critical Criteria:
Check Information technology governance projects and look for lots of ideas.
Knowledge worker Critical Criteria:
Mix Knowledge worker leadership and stake your claim.
– Consider your own Data Governance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
Line function Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Line function engagements and overcome Line function skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Data Governance, including any consulting or professional services?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Local governance failures and achieve a single Local governance view and bringing data together.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Governance leader?
– What is the purpose of Data Governance in relation to the mission?
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Market governance mechanism goals and perfect Market governance mechanism conflict management.
– For your Data Governance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Governance?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Master data management engagements and learn.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Governance. How do we gain traction?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Grade Mergers and acquisitions adoptions and probe Mergers and acquisitions strategic alliances.
– Among the Data Governance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data Governance project manager?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Multistakeholder governance model projects and ask what if.
– Is there a Data Governance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Does our organization need more Data Governance education?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Network governance strategies and gather Network governance models .
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Data Governance project?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Look at Ocean governance risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Ocean governance projects.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Data Governance Management?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Open-source governance visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Open-source governance skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Data Governance experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is the scope of Data Governance defined?
Operational risk management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Operational risk management leadership and oversee implementation of Operational risk management.
– What are the key elements of your Data Governance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do we measure improved Data Governance service perception, and satisfaction?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Political party governance engagements and research ways can we become the Political party governance company that would put us out of business.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Data Governance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Data Governance delivery for example is new software needed?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Private governance governance and arbitrate Private governance techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Project governance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Project governance management and handle a jump-start course to Project governance.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Data Governance processes?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Project management risks and customize techniques for implementing Project management controls.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– Who is a customer?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Quality control strategies and grade techniques for implementing Quality control controls.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Do the Data Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– Is Data Governance Required?
– What about quality control?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over SOA governance decisions and correct SOA governance management by competencies.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Governance with what users do day-to-day?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Sarbanes-Oxley Act decisions and develop and take control of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act initiative.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Governance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Governance process available?
– Who needs to know about Data Governance ?
– How can the value of Data Governance be defined?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Steer Security sector governance and reform quality and grade techniques for implementing Security sector governance and reform controls.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Governance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules Critical Criteria:
Jump start Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules strategies and test out new things.
– Think about the functions involved in your Data Governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
Simulation Governance Critical Criteria:
Grade Simulation Governance engagements and learn.
– Can we add value to the current Data Governance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we Identify specific Data Governance investment and emerging trends?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Consult on Six Sigma planning and be persistent.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What are the disruptive Data Governance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does Data Governance analysis show the relationships among important Data Governance factors?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Soil governance leadership and gather practices for scaling Soil governance.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Governance in a volatile global economy?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Governance processes?
Supply chain Critical Criteria:
Use past Supply chain governance and get out your magnifying glass.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– Now that organizations have fine-tuned human performance, supply chain, operations, processes, cycle time, and other targeted areas, how can they continue to improve performance?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data Governance processes?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– To change the nature of the relationship in the supply chain where should we go and what leverage opportunity could be applied?
– Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationships between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– How can sluggish supply chains be empowered by IoT to make them more transparent and responsive?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Data Governance moving forward?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Sustainable Governance Indicators outcomes and correct Sustainable Governance Indicators management by competencies.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Governance forward?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Governance opportunities costing us money?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Check Technology governance risks and adopt an insight outlook.
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Canvass Transnational governance results and forecast involvement of future Transnational governance projects in development.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data Governance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Universal Data Element Framework Critical Criteria:
Refer to Universal Data Element Framework failures and develop and take control of the Universal Data Element Framework initiative.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data Governance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Governance values?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Refer to Website governance outcomes and cater for concise Website governance education.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data Governance processes of our organization?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Differentiate World Governance Index quality and attract World Governance Index skills.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Data Governance?
– How can we improve Data Governance?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Governance External links:
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Asset Description Metadata Schema External links:
[PDF]ASSET DESCRIPTION METADATA SCHEMA …
Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS)
Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS)
Basel I External links:
[PDF]Ekkehard W. Stegemann, Basel I – vanderbilt.edu
Dr. Basel I Assaad, MD, rated 4.7/5 by patients. 3 reviews, Phone number & practice locations, Neurologist in Detroit, MI.
[PDF]Public Comment, Basel I-A, FNBC of La Grange
Basel II External links:
Basel II – Investopedia
[PDF]Basel II Pillar 3: Challenges for banks – PwC
What is Basel II? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Basel II Accord External links:
Basel II Accord To Guard Against Financial Shocks
Basel II Accord | Basel Ii | Capital Requirement
Basel II Accord Requirements: Risk Management & …
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer, OSGE | Devex
Climate governance External links:
Climate Governance Initiative – 4 Photos – Organization
Experiments in climate governance – A systematic review …
Clinical governance External links:
Clinical governance (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
[PDF]Definition of Clinical Governance – KZN HEALTH
Collaborative governance External links:
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
Collaborative Governance Home Page – Mass General
Consortium on Collaborative Governance | Bedrosian …
Continuous improvement External links:
Continuous Improvement – About FedEx
[PDF]Title: Continuous Improvement Manager – …
Continuous Improvement Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Corporate data External links:
Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) – hsrd.research.va.gov
Corporate Data | Corporate Information | Daikin Global
Ceridian Corporate Data | Corporate Information | Ceridian
Corporate governance External links:
Corporate Governance – PepsiCo
Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Cultural governance External links:
[PDF]Cultural Governance and Development in Vietnam
Tools. Cultural Governance. BioC strengthens Indigenous and non-Indigenous capacity, simultaneously, to gain short, medium and long-term agreed outcomes in terms of the governance issues confronting many Indigenous groups, communities and organisations.
Cultural Governance in Contemporary China: “Re …
DM Review Magazine External links:
[PDF]Product Review published in DM Review Magazine, …
DM Review Magazine Archives – MBA Depot
Translations.com’s GlobalLink featured in DM Review Magazine
Data Protection Directive External links:
European Union Data Protection Directive Privacy Statement
EC Data Protection Directive (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
Data mapping External links:
What is Data Mapping? – Definition from Techopedia
Search by Title: Data Mapping Software | HereABook
What is Data Mapping? – Bridging the Gap
Data profiling External links:
Visual Data Profiling |Tableau Community
Data Profiling – FREE download Data Profiling
Data Analysis | Data Profiling | Experian Data Quality
Data quality External links:
ISO Data Quality – NOAA Environmental Data Management …
Data quality (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Webbula – The Data Quality Experts
Data steward External links:
So you want to be a Data Steward? – DATAVERSITY
Guidelines for Becoming a Data Steward | TDAN.com
Seiner’s Data Steward Rules | TDAN.com
Decision making External links:
Essay titles for Judgment and Decision Making
Essays on decision making – Rutgers University
Effective Decision Making | SkillsYouNeed
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
Ecclesiastical polity External links:
Ecclesiastical Polity Archives – The Calvinist International
Of the laws of ecclesiastical polity – Internet Archive
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental governance | UN Environment
Freiburg Forum on Environmental Governance 2014 – …
Environmental Governance | A research collaboration …
General Data Protection Regulation External links:
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Guidance Center
[PDF]General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Google …
Global governance External links:
CFR Unveils Global Governance Agenda – Infowars
The Challenge of Global Governance | The Nation
Global Governance, Risk & Compliance | Exiger
Good governance External links:
Governance Pro – Eight Elements of Good Governance
ISEGG – Institute for Service Excellence and Good Governance
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
[PDF]Shared Governance in Higher Education
ISO/IEC 38500 External links:
ISO/IEC 38500—the international standard for IT Governance
1905356579 – Iso/iec 38500: the It Governance Standard …
ISO/TC 215 External links:
ISO/TC 215- Health Informatics | HIMSS
Information Architecture External links:
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Information governance External links:
Information Governance Initiative
Information security External links:
Title & Settlement Information Security
ALTA – Information Security
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Information technology controls External links:
[PDF]2010-0085-4T Information Technology Controls …
Information technology governance External links:
105.200 – Information Technology Governance
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Knowledge worker External links:
intellilink | Knowledge Worker Productivity
What is knowledge worker? – Definition from WhatIs.com
knowledge worker Flashcards | Quizlet
Line function External links:
Convert a Date to a Julian Date (one-line function)
line function – Wiktionary
Is there a one-line function that generates a triangle wave?
Local governance External links:
Staff – Institute for State and Local Governance
Local Governance Act Certification – NNDCD
Master data management External links:
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software – G2 Crowd
Infor Master Data Management
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Woodbridge International – Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers and Acquisitions | Kramer Levin
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Network governance External links:
“Wicked Water Problems: Can Network Governance …
Network governance: PwC
Globalization, Edu-Business and Network Governance: …
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
Why people matter in ocean governance: Incorporating …
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Operational risk management External links:
Operational Risk Management Training & Resources | …
[PDF]OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT …
[PDF]OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT
Political party governance External links:
On Malawi political party governance | Malawi Nyasa …
Private governance External links:
Public & Private Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
Ed Stringham: Private Governance | Mises Institute
[PDF]Merging Public and Private Governance: How Disney’s …
Project governance External links:
Project Governance Plans: Execution and Oversight
[PDF]IT Project Governance Manual Version 1
NuGet Project Governance | Microsoft Docs
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Quality control External links:
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Quality Control | Clinical Diagnostics | Bio-Rad
Office of Environmental Quality Control (OEQC)
SOA governance External links:
SOA Governance Integration – msdn.microsoft.com
SOA What? Why You Need an SOA Governance Framework | CIO
SOA Governance Standards | OCIO
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 – soxlaw.com
Sarbanes-Oxley Act – SearchCIO
Public Law 107 – 204 – Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
Security sector governance and reform External links:
[PDF]Security Sector Governance and Reform – OSCE
[PDF]Security Sector Governance and Reform – ETH Z
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules External links:
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules
Simulation Governance External links:
Simulation Governance – ESRD
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Simulation Governance Althea de Souza – ESRD
Six Sigma External links:
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
What Is Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Supply chain External links:
Reverse Supply Chain Solutions | Liquidity Services
Global Supply Chain Risk Management Solutions | Avetta
Welcome to UPS Supply Chain Solutions
Technology governance External links:
[PDF]SP14-04 Technology Governance, Strategy, and …
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Information Technology Governance Committee – Just …
Transnational governance External links:
Transnational Governance, Deliberative Democracy, and …
Universal Data Element Framework External links:
Universal Data Element Framework | Joinup
[PDF]Universal Data Element Framework pp3 – The …
UDEF means Universal Data Element Framework – All …
Website governance External links:
Website Governance | Smith College
World Governance Index External links:
World Governance Index and Pakistan’s Trade Deficit – …
WGI abbreviation stands for World Governance Index