What is involved in Supply Chain Network Design
Find out what the related areas are that Supply Chain Network Design connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Supply Chain Network Design thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Supply Chain Network Design journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Supply Chain Network Design leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Supply Chain Network Design related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Supply Chain Network Design, Supply chain, 10 + 2, 2013 Savar building collapse, Booz Allen Hamilton, Child labor, Cocoa bean, Corporate social responsibility, Cost benchmarking, Dynamic programming, End user, Environmental sustainability, Extended enterprise, Facilities engineering, Food safety, Information technology management, Management system, Material cost, Natural resource, Organizational culture, Paper mill, Paper recycling, Raw material, Residual value, Strategic sourcing, Supply-Chain Operations Reference, Supply chain management, Third-party logistics provider, Value chain, Vertical integration:
Supply Chain Network Design Critical Criteria:
Gauge Supply Chain Network Design issues and observe effective Supply Chain Network Design.
– In what ways are Supply Chain Network Design vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Supporting Supply Chain Network Design documentation required?
– What is our Supply Chain Network Design Strategy?
Supply chain Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Supply chain visions and work towards be a leading Supply chain expert.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– How is the complex digital supply chain -where multiple downstream providers provide services for each other and data residence and transmission points are increasingly obscure -being dealt with from an audit perspective?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Supply Chain Network Design project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Supply Chain Network Design project lifecycle?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– To change the nature of the relationship in the supply chain where should we go and what leverage opportunity could be applied?
– Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationships between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Supply Chain Network Design agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What is our current position within our supply chain?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
10 + 2 Critical Criteria:
Be clear about 10 + 2 decisions and pioneer acquisition of 10 + 2 systems.
– In the case of a Supply Chain Network Design project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Supply Chain Network Design project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Supply Chain Network Design project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is Supply Chain Network Design Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How can we improve Supply Chain Network Design?
2013 Savar building collapse Critical Criteria:
Value 2013 Savar building collapse quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding 2013 Savar building collapse.
– For your Supply Chain Network Design project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Supply Chain Network Design ?
– What business benefits will Supply Chain Network Design goals deliver if achieved?
Booz Allen Hamilton Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Booz Allen Hamilton results and find out.
– In a project to restructure Supply Chain Network Design outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How to Secure Supply Chain Network Design?
Child labor Critical Criteria:
Confer over Child labor risks and oversee implementation of Child labor.
– Can we add value to the current Supply Chain Network Design decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Supply Chain Network Design process?
Cocoa bean Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Cocoa bean strategies and summarize a clear Cocoa bean focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Supply Chain Network Design? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Supply Chain Network Design. How do we gain traction?
– Who needs to know about Supply Chain Network Design ?
Corporate social responsibility Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Corporate social responsibility strategies and plan concise Corporate social responsibility education.
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– What if your company publishes an environmental or corporate social responsibility report?
– Who sets the Supply Chain Network Design standards?
– Do we have past Supply Chain Network Design Successes?
Cost benchmarking Critical Criteria:
Nurse Cost benchmarking results and gather Cost benchmarking models .
– How do your measurements capture actionable Supply Chain Network Design information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who will provide the final approval of Supply Chain Network Design deliverables?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Judge Dynamic programming leadership and probe Dynamic programming strategic alliances.
– What are our needs in relation to Supply Chain Network Design skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Supply Chain Network Design been identified and analyzed?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Supply Chain Network Design activities?
End user Critical Criteria:
Design End user planning and correct End user management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Supply Chain Network Design processes?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Supply Chain Network Design processes?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Supply Chain Network Design products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Environmental sustainability Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Environmental sustainability engagements and integrate design thinking in Environmental sustainability innovation.
– Why is Supply Chain Network Design important for you now?
– What are the long-term Supply Chain Network Design goals?
Extended enterprise Critical Criteria:
Discuss Extended enterprise planning and reduce Extended enterprise costs.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Supply Chain Network Design leader?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Supply Chain Network Design activities?
– Is there any existing Supply Chain Network Design governance structure?
Facilities engineering Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Facilities engineering tactics and spearhead techniques for implementing Facilities engineering.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Supply Chain Network Design objectives?
– Is a Supply Chain Network Design Team Work effort in place?
Food safety Critical Criteria:
Audit Food safety failures and oversee Food safety management by competencies.
– What is the purpose of Supply Chain Network Design in relation to the mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Supply Chain Network Design production?
Information technology management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Information technology management results and define what our big hairy audacious Information technology management goal is.
– Can we do Supply Chain Network Design without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What is our formula for success in Supply Chain Network Design ?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Merge Management system visions and acquire concise Management system education.
– What are the primary pain points of our current Learning Management system, or what are the top 3-4 features that need to be improved?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– To what extent do we require the vendor to support our organization with end-user rollout?
– If credit card payments are accepted, do we currently have a payment gateway?
– What is the current thinking in the e learning community about Learning Objects?
– How much does it cost to set up an online learning management system?
– How can we ensure that training is done on time or done at all?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– What are the common steps to start an effective e learning campaign?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
– If you are taking an online course why are you taking it?
– Can you define what cascading style sheets are?
– When do we envision the new system to go live?
– What form of payments must be supported?
– Do we have Production-ready content?
– What data needs to be interfaced?
– What can an LMS offer us?
Material cost Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Material cost risks and report on setting up Material cost without losing ground.
– Which Supply Chain Network Design goals are the most important?
Natural resource Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Natural resource planning and secure Natural resource creativity.
– Is the Supply Chain Network Design organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Supply Chain Network Design study?
– How do we Lead with Supply Chain Network Design in Mind?
Organizational culture Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Organizational culture leadership and track iterative Organizational culture results.
– What do we need to know, and how do we get the information required to answer this question, especially with regard to our organizational culture, technological roadmap, and where both organizations are moving in the long term?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Supply Chain Network Design does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Supply Chain Network Design?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
Paper mill Critical Criteria:
Test Paper mill projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Paper mill projects.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Supply Chain Network Design leaders?
– How do we Identify specific Supply Chain Network Design investment and emerging trends?
Paper recycling Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Paper recycling governance and customize techniques for implementing Paper recycling controls.
– Think about the people you identified for your Supply Chain Network Design project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Among the Supply Chain Network Design product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Supply Chain Network Design systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Raw material Critical Criteria:
Rank Raw material projects and pioneer acquisition of Raw material systems.
– What are all of our Supply Chain Network Design domains and what do they do?
– Why are Supply Chain Network Design skills important?
Residual value Critical Criteria:
Grade Residual value planning and stake your claim.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Supply Chain Network Design processes?
– Are accountability and ownership for Supply Chain Network Design clearly defined?
Strategic sourcing Critical Criteria:
Drive Strategic sourcing decisions and find the essential reading for Strategic sourcing researchers.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Supply Chain Network Design values?
– Do the Supply Chain Network Design decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How much does Supply Chain Network Design help?
Supply-Chain Operations Reference Critical Criteria:
Categorize Supply-Chain Operations Reference strategies and ask what if.
– Will Supply Chain Network Design deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Detail Supply chain management engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the usability implications of Supply Chain Network Design actions?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– How would one define Supply Chain Network Design leadership?
Third-party logistics provider Critical Criteria:
Adapt Third-party logistics provider planning and get going.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Supply Chain Network Design moving forward?
– What are current Supply Chain Network Design Paradigms?
– Is the scope of Supply Chain Network Design defined?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Value chain issues and stake your claim.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Supply Chain Network Design project?
– What are the short and long-term Supply Chain Network Design goals?
Vertical integration Critical Criteria:
Categorize Vertical integration results and improve Vertical integration service perception.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Supply Chain Network Design process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Supply Chain Network Design process available?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Supply Chain Network Design project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the business goals Supply Chain Network Design is aiming to achieve?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Supply Chain Network Design Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Supply Chain Network Design External links:
Supply chain network design Flashcards | Quizlet
Supply Chain Network Design PDF Free Download, Reviews, Read Online, ISBN: 0133017370, By Jay Jayaraman, Michael Watson, Peter Cacioppi, Sara Lewis
Supply chain External links:
Supply Chain Management – Advice From Industry Leaders
http://Ad · erp.qad.com/Supply/Chain
Welcome to UPS Supply Chain Solutions
CaseStack Supply Chain Solutions
2013 Savar building collapse External links:
2013 Savar Building Collapse by Anna cruz on Prezi
2013 Savar Building Collapse by Sophia Qureshi on Prezi
Booz Allen Hamilton External links:
Transitioning Military – Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton – Official Site
Booz Allen Hamilton Marketing Solutions Catalog – …
Child labor External links:
Child Labor Statistics | United States Department of Labor
Child Labor Employment Of Minors: Questions & Answers
Indonesian tobacco farms using child labor: HRW – CNN
Cocoa bean External links:
Omanhene Cocoa Bean Company – Official Site
Black Mountain Chocolate – Handcrafted from cocoa bean …
The Cocoa Bean Bakery – We Make Cakes
Corporate social responsibility External links:
2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Report – U.S. Bank
Corporate Social Responsibility – SourceWatch
Corporate Social Responsibility | The Aerospace …
Cost benchmarking External links:
Cost benchmarking is a method used to compare total cost of a process, product, or manufactured good from receipt of materials to completion, test, and shipping; against costs incurred by other businesses who manufacture similar products.
Dynamic programming External links:
c – Coin Change :Dynamic Programming – Stack Overflow
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
Dynamic Programming Practice Problems
End user External links:
End User License Agreement
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
UI updates for Intune end user apps | Microsoft Docs
Environmental sustainability External links:
Environmental Sustainability – Wells Fargo
Environmental Sustainability – FedEx | United Kingdom
Corporate Environmental Sustainability | Microsoft …
Extended enterprise External links:
Extended Enterprise Management 2011.0 – SignIn
Extended Enterprise License | Cradlepoint
iTradeNetwork | Extended Enterprise | Supply Chain …
Facilities engineering External links:
Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
Penn State Facilities Engineering Institute
Facilities Engineering | Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Food safety External links:
Lexington-Fayette Food Safety Training | …
Premier Food Safety – Official Site
Food Safety Training | TAP Series
Management system External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
File Management System – Techopedia.com
[PDF]FIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Policies and …
Material cost External links:
Labor Cost Vs. Material Cost | Chron.com
FEMA Public Assistance Material Cost Codes – 2011
Fixed Price vs. Time-Material Cost | Chron.com
Natural resource External links:
Department of Natural Resource Management | South …
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources: Minnesota …
Michigan Department of Natural Resources – Official Site
Organizational culture External links:
Organizational Culture – PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT
Barrett Values Centre | Organizational Culture | Assessment
What Is Organizational Culture? | CultureIQ
Paper mill External links:
Paper, Card Stock & Envelopes at The Paper Mill Store
Recommended show list: Paper Mill Playhouse
Paper Mill Playhouse
Paper recycling External links:
National Fiber Supply – Paper Recycling Company
Racine, WI Paper Recycling Centers – Yellowpages.com
[PDF]Paper Recycling Do’s and Don’ts jessi – stonybrook.edu
Raw material External links:
Raw Material Inventory Tracking. – Intuit
Raw Material | Definition of Raw Material by Merriam-Webster
Raw material Synonyms, Raw material Antonyms | …
Residual value External links:
Residual Value – BMW North America
Strategic sourcing External links:
[PDF]What is Strategic Sourcing? – University of Michigan
VCCS Strategic Sourcing Jobs Title
Procurement & Strategic Sourcing – Wayne State University
Supply-Chain Operations Reference External links:
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference Discussion
Supply chain management External links:
Lean Logistics & Supply Chain Management System | …
Department of Supply Chain Management | Eli Broad …
Value chain External links:
Data Value Chain | Onvia
Value Chain Activities Flashcards | Quizlet
U.S. Global Value Chain Coalition
Vertical integration External links:
Vertical integration | The Economist