What is involved in Project Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Project Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Governance related domains to cover and 164 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Governance, Business case, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Corporate governance, Cost overrun, Cultural governance, Data governance, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, Executive sponsor, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, Information governance, International Standard Book Number, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Moral responsibility, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Political party governance, Private governance, Project Manager, Project plan, Project stakeholder, Project stakeholders, Project team, Quality engineering, Requirements engineering, SOA governance, Security sector governance and reform, Simulation governance, Soil governance, Stakeholder management, Steering Committee, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Project Governance Critical Criteria:
Think about Project Governance decisions and attract Project Governance skills.
– What about Project Governance Analysis of results?
– What is our Project Governance Strategy?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Review Business case visions and sort Business case activities.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Project Governance project?
– How do we know that any Project Governance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Model after Chief governance officer risks and ask questions.
– Who will provide the final approval of Project Governance deliverables?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Project Governance Management?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Steer Climate governance planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple Climate governance skills.
– Think about the functions involved in your Project Governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is there any existing Project Governance governance structure?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Grasp Clinical governance management and find out.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Project Governance processes?
– Why is Project Governance important for you now?
– How do we go about Securing Project Governance?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Collaborative governance planning and integrate design thinking in Collaborative governance innovation.
– Is maximizing Project Governance protection the same as minimizing Project Governance loss?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Project Governance objectives?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Corporate governance issues and ask questions.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Project Governance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What is the source of the strategies for Project Governance strengthening and reform?
– Do we have past Project Governance Successes?
Cost overrun Critical Criteria:
Grasp Cost overrun failures and remodel and develop an effective Cost overrun strategy.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Project Governance?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Project Governance processes of our organization?
– What are internal and external Project Governance relations?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Cultural governance planning and tour deciding if Cultural governance progress is made.
– Is the Project Governance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data governance tasks and look at the big picture.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– How do you know that individuals carrying out work on behalf of your organization comply with your organizations information/data governance standards?
– Does the organization have policies and procedures in place to ensure that data are accurate, complete, timely, and relevant to stakeholder needs?
– do not forget to look at the data itself. how can you affect the amount of, quality of, or protection of data and metadata?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– Is there value to the organization if the data is refreshed sooner or by other ways?
– Do you see the correlation to the centralized remote book file for the library?
– What is the cost (time, money, resources) associated with this new collection?
– Do you have specific team/s with corporate responsibility for?
– What will data governance look like in your organization?
– When is the best time to discover data opportunities?
– How do you decide which goals you should pursue?
– Who should drive the data governance program?
– How will decisions be made and monitored?
– What is hierarchical master data?
– How do we link them to content?
– What is data governances goal?
– Who should do what, and when?
– Is the data available?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Coach on Earth system governance management and work towards be a leading Earth system governance expert.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Project Governance?
– Have all basic functions of Project Governance been defined?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Consult on Ecclesiastical polity visions and devise Ecclesiastical polity key steps.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Project Governance delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the short and long-term Project Governance goals?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Shape Environmental, social and corporate governance planning and question.
– To what extent does management recognize Project Governance as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we manage Project Governance Knowledge Management (KM)?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Meet over Environmental governance tactics and pioneer acquisition of Environmental governance systems.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project Governance activities?
– Will Project Governance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Apply Executive sponsor leadership and find out.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Project Governance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do those selected for the Project Governance team have a good general understanding of what Project Governance is all about?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Study Global governance governance and cater for concise Global governance education.
– In the case of a Project Governance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Project Governance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Project Governance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Project Governance, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the long-term Project Governance goals?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Good governance results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Good governance services.
– Which customers cant participate in our Project Governance domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Project Governance opportunities costing us money?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Align Governance, risk management, and compliance planning and correct better engagement with Governance, risk management, and compliance results.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project Governance project manager?
– What are all of our Project Governance domains and what do they do?
– Why should we adopt a Project Governance framework?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Adapt Governance in higher education goals and proactively manage Governance in higher education risks.
– Is Project Governance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the usability implications of Project Governance actions?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Analyze Information governance tasks and perfect Information governance conflict management.
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Project Governance into the services that we provide?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Project Governance project?
– Think of your Project Governance project. what are the main functions?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on International Standard Book Number tasks and research ways can we become the International Standard Book Number company that would put us out of business.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Project Governance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Project Governance process available?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Project Governance processes?
– Are we Assessing Project Governance and Risk?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Detail Local governance decisions and reduce Local governance costs.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Project Governance been identified and analyzed?
– What are the business goals Project Governance is aiming to achieve?
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Refer to Market governance mechanism strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Market governance mechanism is getting what it needs.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Project Governance leader?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Project Governance effort?
Moral responsibility Critical Criteria:
Apply Moral responsibility quality and correct better engagement with Moral responsibility results.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Project Governance leaders?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Multistakeholder governance model risks and catalog Multistakeholder governance model activities.
– Does Project Governance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Project Governance process?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Shape Network governance goals and sort Network governance activities.
– What are the barriers to increased Project Governance production?
– Why are Project Governance skills important?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Ocean governance planning and look for lots of ideas.
– Is the scope of Project Governance defined?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Steer Open-source governance planning and report on setting up Open-source governance without losing ground.
– Is Supporting Project Governance documentation required?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Analyze Political party governance quality and arbitrate Political party governance techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Project Governance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Private governance management and observe effective Private governance.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Project Governance?
Project Manager Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Project Manager strategies and devote time assessing Project Manager and its risk.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Project Governance. How do we gain traction?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– What are the most important skills practitioners consider make an effective people project manager?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– What is the necessity of a Project Manager?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project plan Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Project plan risks and get the big picture.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project Governance with what users do day-to-day?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
Project stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Coach on Project stakeholder issues and create Project stakeholder explanations for all managers.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Project Governance agendas for the next 3 years?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Project Governance project?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Project stakeholders tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Project stakeholders interface.
Project team Critical Criteria:
Confer over Project team adoptions and adjust implementation of Project team.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Do the Project Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Project Governance requirements in detail?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– How can the value of Project Governance be defined?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Quality engineering Critical Criteria:
Graph Quality engineering issues and summarize a clear Quality engineering focus.
– How can skill-level changes improve Project Governance?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Consult on Requirements engineering adoptions and tour deciding if Requirements engineering progress is made.
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate SOA governance management and get answers.
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Security sector governance and reform failures and integrate design thinking in Security sector governance and reform innovation.
– Does Project Governance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How can you measure Project Governance in a systematic way?
Simulation governance Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Simulation governance adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Simulation governance skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Project Governance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does our organization need more Project Governance education?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Soil governance projects and separate what are the business goals Soil governance is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Project Governance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is there a Project Governance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Stakeholder management leadership and prioritize challenges of Stakeholder management.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Consider your own Project Governance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Among the Project Governance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we Identify specific Project Governance investment and emerging trends?
Steering Committee Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Steering Committee issues and test out new things.
– Does Project Governance analysis show the relationships among important Project Governance factors?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Project Governance?
– What are specific Project Governance Rules to follow?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Sustainable Governance Indicators management and oversee Sustainable Governance Indicators requirements.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project Governance in a volatile global economy?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Unify Technology governance projects and display thorough understanding of the Technology governance process.
– Can we add value to the current Project Governance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is our formula for success in Project Governance ?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Model after Transnational governance risks and arbitrate Transnational governance techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Project Governance is underway?
– What are our needs in relation to Project Governance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Generalize Website governance management and oversee Website governance requirements.
– How to deal with Project Governance Changes?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Graph World Governance Index risks and figure out ways to motivate other World Governance Index users.
– Have you identified your Project Governance key performance indicators?
– How can we improve Project Governance?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project Governance External links:
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
Project Governance Plans: Execution and Oversight
[PDF]IT Project Governance Manual Version 1
Business case External links:
Preparing An Effective Business Case – Ontario
How to write a business case – Reference from WhatIs.com
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chief Governance Officer, OSGE | Devex
Climate governance External links:
It’s time for new climate governance – from below
Climate Governance Experiments | Matthew J. Hoffmann
Experiments in climate governance – A systematic review …
Clinical governance External links:
Clinical governance (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Clinical Governance Essays – ManyEssays.com
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Collaborative governance External links:
Collaborative Governance Home Page – Mass General
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
Consortium on Collaborative Governance | Bedrosian …
Corporate governance External links:
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Corporate Governance – PepsiCo
Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of …
Cost overrun External links:
Scope of Work and Cost Overrun | FEMA.gov
Predicting cost overrun of railroad bridge construction
Cultural governance External links:
Cultural governance in contemporary China: popular …
Cultural Governance in Contemporary China: “Re …
What do we mean by Cultural Governance? – YouTube
Data governance External links:
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental Governance | A research collaboration …
Reconfiguring environmental governance: Towards a …
Executive sponsor External links:
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
How to Be an Effective Executive Sponsor
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – Health Care in British …
Global governance External links:
[PDF]The Multinational Corporation and Global Governance
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
Organization and Governance in Higher Education (6th Edition) (ASHE Reader) [M. Christopher Brown II Edited by, Jason E. Lane, Eboni …
Information governance External links:
Information Governance (IG) – AHIMA Home
Information Governance Initiative
International Standard Book Number External links:
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
International Standard Book Number – Quora
[PDF]International Standard Book Number: 0-942920-53-8
Local governance External links:
Regional and Local Governance – Home
Equality Indicators – Institute for State and Local Governance
DeLoG – Decentralisation & Local Governance
Moral responsibility External links:
Moral responsibility legal definition of moral responsibility
Network governance External links:
Nonprofit Network – Nonprofit Network Governance
Network governance: PwC
UTSCAP Network Governance – UTSW Medicine
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Political party governance External links:
On Malawi political party governance | Malawi Nyasa …
Private governance External links:
[PDF]Merging Public and Private Governance: How Disney’s …
Public & Private Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
Project Manager External links:
Phoenix Project Manager – CPM Project Scheduling
Project Manager Goals & Objectives | Chron.com
What is a Project Manager? – CEG
Project plan External links:
[PDF]Project Plan Template – Washington State Health …
Service Acquisition Mall – Project Plan
Peg Game Project Plan | Last Man Standing – Woodworking
Project stakeholder External links:
Which of the following best describes a project stakeholder
Project stakeholders External links:
How to Communicate With Project Stakeholders: 5 Steps
Quality engineering External links:
Method Statement – Quality Engineering and Construction
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]BCS Requirements Engineering – qafileshare.com
SOA governance External links:
SOA What? Why You Need an SOA Governance Framework | CIO
A case for SOA governance – ibm.com
SOA Governance Standards | OCIO
Security sector governance and reform External links:
Security Sector Governance and Reform: Guidelines for …
Simulation governance External links:
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Simulation Governance Althea de Souza – ESRD
Stakeholder management External links:
Stakeholder Management – Project Management Tools …
What You Must Know About Stakeholder Management – CEG
Stakeholder Management – GoLeanSixSigma.com
Steering Committee External links:
Steering Committee | South Louisiana Community College
[PDF]STEERING COMMITTEE DUTIES AND …
Organizing Effective Project Steering Committees
Technology governance External links:
Information Technology Governance Committee – Just …
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Transnational governance External links:
Transnational Governance, Deliberative Democracy, and …
Website governance External links:
Website Governance | Smith College
World Governance Index External links:
World Governance Index and Pakistan’s Trade Deficit – …