What is involved in BI Platforms
Find out what the related areas are that BI Platforms connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a BI Platforms thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its BI Platforms journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward BI Platforms leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which BI Platforms related domains to cover and 145 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
BI Platforms, Power BI, Business analytics, Business intelligence, Cloud computing, Data discovery, Data mining, Data preparation, Data visualization, Data warehouse, Database administrator, Information technology, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Power Pivot, REST API, Software categories, Software developer:
BI Platforms Critical Criteria:
Devise BI Platforms management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling BI Platforms projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your BI Platforms strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed BI Platforms opportunities costing us money?
– What potential environmental factors impact the BI Platforms effort?
Power BI Critical Criteria:
Reason over Power BI management and research ways can we become the Power BI company that would put us out of business.
– When a BI Platforms manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we go about Securing BI Platforms?
– What threat is BI Platforms addressing?
Business analytics Critical Criteria:
Steer Business analytics failures and find answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent BI Platforms services/products?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– Does our organization need more BI Platforms education?
– Are there recognized BI Platforms problems?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Consider Business intelligence leadership and proactively manage Business intelligence risks.
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– Why does animosity endure between IT and business when it comes to business intelligence?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Business Intelligence?
– What are the best use cases for Mobile Business Intelligence?
– How stable is it across domains/geographies?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– What are typical data-mining applications?
– How can we maximize our BI investments?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– Using dashboard functions?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Debate over Cloud computing quality and maintain Cloud computing for success.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– How does cloud computing affect budget predictability for CIOs?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– what is the future of private cloud?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Data discovery Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Data discovery outcomes and define Data discovery competency-based leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your BI Platforms project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which customers cant participate in our BI Platforms domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the source of the strategies for BI Platforms strengthening and reform?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data mining issues and define what our big hairy audacious Data mining goal is.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Have you identified your BI Platforms key performance indicators?
– How do we go about Comparing BI Platforms approaches/solutions?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– How do we Lead with BI Platforms in Mind?
Data preparation Critical Criteria:
Unify Data preparation failures and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we ensure that implementations of BI Platforms products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a BI Platforms project?
– What about BI Platforms Analysis of results?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Mix Data visualization leadership and research ways can we become the Data visualization company that would put us out of business.
– For your BI Platforms project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Have the types of risks that may impact BI Platforms been identified and analyzed?
– How do we keep improving BI Platforms?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Derive from Data warehouse projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data warehouse.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Are there BI Platforms Models?
– Is BI Platforms Required?
Database administrator Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Database administrator governance and maintain Database administrator for success.
– How would one define BI Platforms leadership?
– What is our BI Platforms Strategy?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Information technology outcomes and explore and align the progress in Information technology.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving BI Platforms forward?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom BI Platforms project?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– What vendors make products that address the BI Platforms needs?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Microsoft Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Microsoft management and look in other fields.
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– How do you incorporate existing work management, crm and/or websites in to your delivery of a geodynamic reporting tool?
– Will the Exchange provide the call volumes and average handle time for the Tier 1 and Tier II calls?
– Culture how can we help cultural issues relating to loss of control, constant change and mistrust?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– Which Customers just take up resources and should be considered competitors?
– Is there an iphone app for mobile scrm or customer relationship management?
– Do you follow-up with your customers after their order has been filled?
– What percentage of workstation sessions and calls must be recorded?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– What are the basic activities of customer life-cycle management?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– How do you improve CRM use compliance with your sales team?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– Do you have technology that assist in online monitoring?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– Does the user have permission to go offline?
– Can customers place orders online?
– Why Multi-Channel CRM?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Microsoft Azure tactics and display thorough understanding of the Microsoft Azure process.
– Does BI Platforms analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the Essentials of Internal BI Platforms Management?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Microsoft Excel decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Microsoft Excel users.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of BI Platforms into the services that we provide?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its BI Platforms processes?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Unify Microsoft Windows risks and create a map for yourself.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the BI Platforms process?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Operating system results and plan concise Operating system education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a BI Platforms process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the BI Platforms process available?
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once BI Platforms is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Do the BI Platforms decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Power Pivot Critical Criteria:
Investigate Power Pivot engagements and change contexts.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate BI Platforms delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our BI Platforms agendas for the next 3 years?
REST API Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap REST API failures and know what your objective is.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting BI Platforms with what users do day-to-day?
– Is the BI Platforms organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What will drive BI Platforms change?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Examine Software categories governance and change contexts.
– Is a BI Platforms Team Work effort in place?
– Do we have past BI Platforms Successes?
– How to Secure BI Platforms?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Software developer management and devote time assessing Software developer and its risk.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about BI Platforms. How do we gain traction?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that BI Platforms objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once BI Platforms is underway?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the BI Platforms Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
BI Platforms External links:
Enterprise BI Platforms Compared – Butler Analytics
The Forrester Wave™ Report – Enterprise BI Platforms
http://Ad · global.qlik.com/Qlik/Forrester
Push SAP Data to Databases and BI platforms | VirtDB
Power BI External links:
Home – Microsoft Power BI Community
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Power BI Embedded analytics | Microsoft Azure
Business analytics External links:
Business Analytics | Coursera
Business intelligence External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Data discovery External links:
Zapproved – Electronic Data Discovery & Document …
Data Hosting and Review – Xact Data Discovery
Water Resources: USGS Water Data Discovery
Data mining External links:
Title Data Mining Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Data Mining Mining Text Data – tutorialspoint.com
Data mining | computer science | Britannica.com
Data preparation External links:
Data Preparation – Social Research Methods
[PPT]Data Preparation for Analysis – rio.edu
What is DATA PREPARATION – Science Dictionary
Data visualization External links:
Data Visualization: Historical Flood Risk and Costs | FEMA.gov
What is data visualization? – Definition from WhatIs.com
geothinQ – On-demand Land Mapping & Data Visualization
Data warehouse External links:
data warehouse jobs | Dice.com
Data Warehouse Specialist Salaries – Salary.com
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Database administrator External links:
Database Administrator Job Titles – Synclist
[PDF]CLASS TITLE: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – …
[PDF]Title: Database Administrator – peoriaaz.gov
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Microsoft External links:
Microsoft PowerPoint Online – Work together on …
Microsoft (@Microsoft) | Twitter
Microsoft Office help and training – Office Support
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
How to activate Microsoft Azure internal-use rights licenses
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel spreadsheets
Microsoft Windows External links:
Changing Microsoft Windows and Office Product Keys
Operating system External links:
Ubuntu PC operating system | Ubuntu
Operating System and Browser warning
nCino Bank Operating System
Power Pivot External links:
Power Pivot Table – Looping through Fields in Report Filters
REST API External links:
REST API reference and samples – msdn.microsoft.com
REST API Explorer | DocuSign
Lists and list items REST API reference – msdn.microsoft.com
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer windows 8 1 enterprise activation keys free Download AutoCAD Full Version Crack Microsoft Word 2013 Free Install
Become a Software Developer In 12 Weeks | Coder Camps
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com