What is involved in Information and communications technology
Find out what the related areas are that Information and communications technology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information and communications technology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information and communications technology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information and communications technology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information and communications technology related domains to cover and 120 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information and communications technology, Cognitive infocommunications, Picture archiving and communication system, World Summit on the Information Society, Mobile Web, Computer programming, Hospital information system, Apple Watch, United States, New social movements, Skills Framework for the Information Age, United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force, Telecommunications Policy, ICT Development Index, Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative, Millennium Development Goals, National Curriculum, United Nations Millennium Declaration, South Korea, Enterprise software, Information technology, Republic of Ireland, Computer network, Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability, Market information systems, Cloud computing, Information and communications technology, Nike+ FuelBand, Digital divide, United Nations General Assembly, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Google TV, organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Trends in Ecology & Evolution, Accelerated pluralism, Information Age, Unified communications, Moinee Foundation, 21st century skills:
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Information and communications technology strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information and communications technology is getting what it needs.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Information and communications technology?
– Do Information and communications technology rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Cognitive infocommunications Critical Criteria:
Consult on Cognitive infocommunications decisions and develop and take control of the Cognitive infocommunications initiative.
– Among the Information and communications technology product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will you know that the Information and communications technology project has been successful?
Picture archiving and communication system Critical Criteria:
Investigate Picture archiving and communication system tactics and report on developing an effective Picture archiving and communication system strategy.
– Think about the people you identified for your Information and communications technology project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Information and communications technology?
– Does Information and communications technology systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
World Summit on the Information Society Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze World Summit on the Information Society outcomes and tour deciding if World Summit on the Information Society progress is made.
– Which customers cant participate in our Information and communications technology domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is our formula for success in Information and communications technology ?
– What are internal and external Information and communications technology relations?
Mobile Web Critical Criteria:
Categorize Mobile Web engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who will provide the final approval of Information and communications technology deliverables?
– What will drive Information and communications technology change?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Audit Computer programming outcomes and drive action.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Information and communications technology processes?
– Are there recognized Information and communications technology problems?
Hospital information system Critical Criteria:
Discuss Hospital information system leadership and display thorough understanding of the Hospital information system process.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Information and communications technology process?
– Think about the functions involved in your Information and communications technology project. what processes flow from these functions?
Apple Watch Critical Criteria:
Model after Apple Watch goals and get answers.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Information and communications technology? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Information and communications technology services/products?
– Is Supporting Information and communications technology documentation required?
United States Critical Criteria:
Discuss United States adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in United States because they lack skills.
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Information and communications technology project manager?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Information and communications technology leaders?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
New social movements Critical Criteria:
Trace New social movements outcomes and ask questions.
– To what extent does management recognize Information and communications technology as a tool to increase the results?
– Do we all define Information and communications technology in the same way?
– What is our Information and communications technology Strategy?
Skills Framework for the Information Age Critical Criteria:
Adapt Skills Framework for the Information Age adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– How can you negotiate Information and communications technology successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who needs to know about Information and communications technology ?
– Is Information and communications technology Required?
United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force Critical Criteria:
Confer re United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force adoptions and intervene in United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force processes and leadership.
– How do we Improve Information and communications technology service perception, and satisfaction?
– What business benefits will Information and communications technology goals deliver if achieved?
– Does the Information and communications technology task fit the clients priorities?
Telecommunications Policy Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Telecommunications Policy tasks and improve Telecommunications Policy service perception.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Information and communications technology processes?
– For your Information and communications technology project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
ICT Development Index Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate ICT Development Index adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Information and communications technology workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Information and communications technology into the services that we provide?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Information and communications technology leader?
Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative Critical Criteria:
Judge Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative governance and oversee Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Information and communications technology requirements in detail?
– Why should we adopt a Information and communications technology framework?
Millennium Development Goals Critical Criteria:
Define Millennium Development Goals outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of Millennium Development Goals.
– Is there a Information and communications technology Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why are Information and communications technology skills important?
National Curriculum Critical Criteria:
Read up on National Curriculum outcomes and balance specific methods for improving National Curriculum results.
United Nations Millennium Declaration Critical Criteria:
Grade United Nations Millennium Declaration projects and gather practices for scaling United Nations Millennium Declaration.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Information and communications technology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Information and communications technology?
– How can the value of Information and communications technology be defined?
South Korea Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap South Korea failures and know what your objective is.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Information and communications technology processes of our organization?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Derive from Enterprise software results and devise Enterprise software key steps.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Is Information and communications technology dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we go about Securing Information and communications technology?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Understand Information technology issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information technology.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How to Secure Information and communications technology?
Republic of Ireland Critical Criteria:
Study Republic of Ireland planning and get the big picture.
– How do we know that any Information and communications technology analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Have all basic functions of Information and communications technology been defined?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Add value to Computer network engagements and perfect Computer network conflict management.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Information and communications technology goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How is the value delivered by Information and communications technology being measured?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What are specific Information and communications technology Rules to follow?
Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability risks and balance specific methods for improving Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability results.
Market information systems Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Market information systems failures and drive action.
– What are the key elements of your Information and communications technology performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What about Information and communications technology Analysis of results?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Cloud computing adoptions and find answers.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Information and communications technology. How do we gain traction?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Match Information and communications technology adoptions and find out what it really means.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Information and communications technology models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Information and communications technology strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the long-term Information and communications technology goals?
Nike+ FuelBand Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Nike+ FuelBand projects and integrate design thinking in Nike+ FuelBand innovation.
– What are the disruptive Information and communications technology technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Digital divide Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Digital divide adoptions and look in other fields.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Information and communications technology in a volatile global economy?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Information and communications technology activities?
– Are accountability and ownership for Information and communications technology clearly defined?
United Nations General Assembly Critical Criteria:
Powwow over United Nations General Assembly decisions and probe the present value of growth of United Nations General Assembly.
– How do we measure improved Information and communications technology service perception, and satisfaction?
Czech Republic Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Czech Republic results and work towards be a leading Czech Republic expert.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Information and communications technology objectives?
– What are the business goals Information and communications technology is aiming to achieve?
United Kingdom Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase United Kingdom failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding United Kingdom.
– Can we do Information and communications technology without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How would one define Information and communications technology leadership?
Google TV Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Google TV planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are all of our Information and communications technology domains and what do they do?
– How do we go about Comparing Information and communications technology approaches/solutions?
organization for Economic Co-operation and Development Critical Criteria:
Group organization for Economic Co-operation and Development planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential organization for Economic Co-operation and Development information.
– In the case of a Information and communications technology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Information and communications technology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Information and communications technology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Trends in Ecology & Evolution Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Trends in Ecology & Evolution results and oversee implementation of Trends in Ecology & Evolution.
– Is the scope of Information and communications technology defined?
Accelerated pluralism Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Accelerated pluralism goals and revise understanding of Accelerated pluralism architectures.
– Does Information and communications technology include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Information and communications technology process?
– How can skill-level changes improve Information and communications technology?
Information Age Critical Criteria:
Examine Information Age projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Information Age.
– What is the source of the strategies for Information and communications technology strengthening and reform?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Guard Unified communications leadership and point out Unified communications tensions in leadership.
– In what ways are Information and communications technology vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Moinee Foundation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Moinee Foundation governance and ask questions.
– what is the best design framework for Information and communications technology organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Have you identified your Information and communications technology key performance indicators?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Add value to 21st century skills engagements and mentor 21st century skills customer orientation.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information and communications technology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cognitive infocommunications External links:
Picture archiving and communication system External links:
[PPT]Picture archiving and communication system – PACS
Securing Picture Archiving and Communication System …
MII-201: Picture Archiving and Communication system …
World Summit on the Information Society External links:
[PDF]chaPter s world summit on the information society +10
The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Phase …
[PDF]WORLD SUMMIT ON THE INFORMATION SOCIETY …
Mobile Web External links:
Mobile Web Banking | Navy Federal Credit Union
Sephora Mobile Apps & Mobile Web | Sephora
USPS Mobile Web
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Gwinnett Technical College- Computer Programming
M State – Computer Programming
Hospital information system External links:
CertaCure – Hospital Information System
nebraska hospital information system – NHA Home page
Hospital Information System (HIS) – Wipro
Apple Watch External links:
iGeeksBlog.com – All About iPhone, iPad, iOS and Apple Watch
Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular Price, Features & Reviews – AT&T
Introducing Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular. Now you can leave your phone behind and still stay connected wherever you go.
United States External links:
Intellicast – Current Radar in United States
United States Air Force – Legal Assistance Website
New social movements External links:
New Social Movements Flashcards | Quizlet
The new social movements (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]New Social Movements in Historical Perspective – jstor
Skills Framework for the Information Age External links:
The Skills Framework for the Information Age – SFIA
SFIA | Skills Framework for the Information Age | QA
Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) – …
Telecommunications Policy External links:
FBI — General Telecommunications Policy 0862D
Telecommunications Policy | ScienceDirect.com
Millennium Development Goals External links:
Millennium Development Goals | HuffPost
Which are UN Millennium Development goals? Check all …
Millennium Development Goals – Official Site
National Curriculum External links:
National Curriculum. (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]ACT National Curriculum Survey 2016
HIV/HCV Co-infection: An AETC National Curriculum | …
United Nations Millennium Declaration External links:
OHCHR | United Nations Millennium Declaration
United Nations Millennium Declaration
South Korea External links:
Netflix South Korea – Watch TV Shows Online, Watch …
South Korea – Map of Cities in South Korea – MapQuest
Explore Seongnam, South Korea from our Courtyard Seoul Pangyo, a modern hotel with luxury rooms, contemporary meeting spaces and an ideal Bundang location.
Enterprise software External links:
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
What is Enterprise Software? – Definition from Techopedia
System Dashboard – Enterprise Software Development …
Information technology External links:
Student Email | Information Technology
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Republic of Ireland External links:
The Salvation Army UK with the Republic of Ireland – YouTube
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? – Definition from Techopedia
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Market information systems External links:
ERIC – Labor Market Information Systems: Information …
Livestock Market Information Systems – Center for …
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Digital divide External links:
What is the digital divide – Answers.com
Closing the Digital Divide | Google Fiber Community Impact
United Nations General Assembly External links:
United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3314 (XXIX)
Czech Republic External links:
U.S. Embassy in The Czech Republic
The FEBS Congress 2018 – Prague, Czech Republic
Czech Republic – Prague
United Kingdom External links:
Too Good To Go | United Kingdom
Holidays and observances in United Kingdom in 2018
Brendan Cole | United Kingdom | Brendan Cole Tour
Google TV External links:
Google TV: What you need to know (FAQ) – CNET
Buy Lg 42ga6400 Google Tv at Walmart.com
What Is Google TV? – Gizmodo
organization for Economic Co-operation and Development External links:
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development …
Trends in Ecology & Evolution External links:
Trends in Ecology & Evolution – Home | Facebook
Issue: Trends in Ecology & Evolution – Cell
Trends in Ecology & Evolution – Journal – Elsevier
Information Age External links:
Information age (Musical CD, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
About Information Age
The information age (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Unified communications External links:
Intermedia | Unified Communications, business email, …
ReadyTalk – Unified Communications; Audio, Video & …
Unified Communications & Conferencing Solution | Revolabs
Moinee Foundation External links:
Moinee Foundation, Jaipur, India. 584 likes. Freedom By Knowledge “An Initiative to Support – Right To QUALITY Education.”
Moinee Foundation – Central Square Foundation
Moinee Foundation – Home | Facebook
21st century skills External links:
21st Century Skills Definition – The Glossary of …
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12