What is involved in Crystal Reports
Find out what the related areas are that Crystal Reports connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Crystal Reports thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Crystal Reports journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Crystal Reports leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Crystal Reports related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Crystal Reports, Adaptive Server Enterprise, Application programming interface, Business Objects, Business intelligence, For Dummies, Geographic information system, Holistic Systems, IBM DB2, List & Label, Lotus Notes, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, McGraw-Hill Professional, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Novell GroupWise, OLE DB, Operating system, Oracle Database, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Reporting software, SAP ERP, SAP SE, SQL Server Reporting Services, Seagate Software, Seagate Technology, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Text file, Visual Studio:
Crystal Reports Critical Criteria:
Chat re Crystal Reports engagements and shift your focus.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Crystal Reports delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the usability implications of Crystal Reports actions?
– Why should we adopt a Crystal Reports framework?
Adaptive Server Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Discuss Adaptive Server Enterprise decisions and gather Adaptive Server Enterprise models .
– Consider your own Crystal Reports project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Crystal Reports study?
– Have all basic functions of Crystal Reports been defined?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Application programming interface risks and look at the big picture.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Crystal Reports? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Crystal Reports effort?
Business Objects Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Business Objects decisions and drive action.
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– How do we know that any Crystal Reports analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What threat is Crystal Reports addressing?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Check Business intelligence planning and check on ways to get started with Business intelligence.
– Research reveals that more than half of business intelligence projects hit a low degree of acceptance or fail. What factors influence the implementation negative or positive?
– Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– Do we have trusted vendors to guide us through the process of adopting business intelligence systems?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– What are the most common applications of business intelligence BI technology solutions?
– What is the difference between a data scientist and a business intelligence analyst?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– What percentage of enterprise apps will be web based in 3 years?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– What level of training would you recommend?
– How can we maximize our BI investments?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– Does your system provide APIs?
– Using dashboard functions?
For Dummies Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot For Dummies engagements and slay a dragon.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Crystal Reports services/products?
– What are current Crystal Reports Paradigms?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Geographic information system outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for Geographic information system.
– In a project to restructure Crystal Reports outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Crystal Reports project manager?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Crystal Reports?
Holistic Systems Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Holistic Systems quality and pioneer acquisition of Holistic Systems systems.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Crystal Reports processes of our organization?
– Who needs to know about Crystal Reports ?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Reason over IBM DB2 adoptions and ask questions.
– To what extent does management recognize Crystal Reports as a tool to increase the results?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Crystal Reports been identified and analyzed?
List & Label Critical Criteria:
Inquire about List & Label strategies and plan concise List & Label education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Crystal Reports project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How much does Crystal Reports help?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Study Lotus Notes failures and check on ways to get started with Lotus Notes.
– Which Crystal Reports goals are the most important?
– Why is Crystal Reports important for you now?
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media Critical Criteria:
Wrangle McGraw-Hill Osborne Media planning and raise human resource and employment practices for McGraw-Hill Osborne Media.
– How can we improve Crystal Reports?
McGraw-Hill Professional Critical Criteria:
Focus on McGraw-Hill Professional management and get going.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Crystal Reports product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Crystal Reports that make it risky?
Microsoft Access Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Microsoft Access leadership and perfect Microsoft Access conflict management.
– Is there a Crystal Reports Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Crystal Reports moving forward?
– What vendors make products that address the Crystal Reports needs?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Scan Microsoft Excel engagements and spearhead techniques for implementing Microsoft Excel.
– Does Crystal Reports analysis show the relationships among important Crystal Reports factors?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Crystal Reports forward?
– How will you measure your Crystal Reports effectiveness?
Microsoft Exchange Server Critical Criteria:
Boost Microsoft Exchange Server risks and explore and align the progress in Microsoft Exchange Server.
– Does Crystal Reports include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Crystal Reports is underway?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Match Microsoft SQL Server visions and correct better engagement with Microsoft SQL Server results.
– Which customers cant participate in our Crystal Reports domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
Microsoft Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Review Microsoft Visual Studio quality and look at it backwards.
– How do we Identify specific Crystal Reports investment and emerging trends?
– How do we Lead with Crystal Reports in Mind?
Novell GroupWise Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Novell GroupWise failures and look in other fields.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Crystal Reports strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Crystal Reports?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Crystal Reports project?
OLE DB Critical Criteria:
Focus on OLE DB management and triple focus on important concepts of OLE DB relationship management.
– Think about the functions involved in your Crystal Reports project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Crystal Reports?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Operating system results and define Operating system competency-based leadership.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What are the disruptive Crystal Reports technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– What are our Crystal Reports Processes?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Design Oracle Database issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Crystal Reports in a volatile global economy?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Crystal Reports project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Crystal Reports project lifecycle?
Original Equipment Manufacturer Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Original Equipment Manufacturer management and define Original Equipment Manufacturer competency-based leadership.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Crystal Reports products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the short and long-term Crystal Reports goals?
– How do we go about Securing Crystal Reports?
Reporting software Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Reporting software adoptions and devise Reporting software key steps.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Crystal Reports objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How likely is the current Crystal Reports plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Systematize SAP ERP decisions and finalize specific methods for SAP ERP acceptance.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Crystal Reports? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we keep improving Crystal Reports?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Understand SAP SE management and finalize the present value of growth of SAP SE.
– What are the long-term Crystal Reports goals?
– Who sets the Crystal Reports standards?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Analyze SQL Server Reporting Services adoptions and stake your claim.
– What are the barriers to increased Crystal Reports production?
– Does Crystal Reports appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are specific Crystal Reports Rules to follow?
Seagate Software Critical Criteria:
Investigate Seagate Software visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Crystal Reports. How do we gain traction?
– How do we go about Comparing Crystal Reports approaches/solutions?
Seagate Technology Critical Criteria:
Pilot Seagate Technology adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Seagate Technology goal is.
– Is Crystal Reports dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Does Crystal Reports analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Match Software categories management and attract Software categories skills.
– Think about the people you identified for your Crystal Reports project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Crystal Reports with what users do day-to-day?
– Are there Crystal Reports problems defined?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Software developer governance and cater for concise Software developer education.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How do we maintain Crystal Reportss Integrity?
– How to Secure Crystal Reports?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Explore Software license outcomes and oversee Software license requirements.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Crystal Reports into the services that we provide?
– When a Crystal Reports manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Text file Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Text file issues and assess what counts with Text file that we are not counting.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Crystal Reports objectives?
Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Derive from Visual Studio planning and get going.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Crystal Reports does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does our organization need more Crystal Reports education?
– How would one define Crystal Reports leadership?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Crystal Reports Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Crystal Reports External links:
Topic: Changing the Report Title – Crystal Reports
SAP Crystal Reports Viewer | Crystal Solutions
Adaptive Server Enterprise External links:
Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition
Application programming interface External links:
[PDF]PROPAY APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
Business Objects External links:
[PDF]INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS OBJECTS – Mass.Gov
Business Objects Shared Service – BOSS
Introduction to SAP Business Objects (BO / BOBJ) – YouTube
Business intelligence External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Oracle Business Intelligence – RCI
For Dummies External links:
All Titles – For Dummies
TITLE IX FOR DUMMIES pdf interview questions and …
Bible for Dummies – AbeBooks
Geographic information system External links:
City of Rochester | Geographic Information System (GIS) Maps
COT – Geographic Information System (GIS)
Sumter County – Geographic Information System
Holistic Systems External links:
Diagnosing the Emergent Movement | A holistic systems …
IBM DB2 External links:
Toad for IBM DB2 LUW or z/OS – Quest | IT Management
Lotus Notes External links:
Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes coexistence manager – Quest
IBM Lotus Notes Migration and Management Solutions
[PDF]Lotus Notes Client Version 8.5 Reference Guide
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media External links:
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media | Open Library
McGraw-Hill Professional External links:
Contact McGraw-Hill Professional
Microsoft Access External links:
Microsoft Access 2013 – Download
What is Microsoft Access
Database Software and Applications | Microsoft Access
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel 2016, Spreadsheet Software, Excel Free Trial
Where is AutoFit in Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel spreadsheets
Microsoft Exchange Server External links:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 – Practical 365
mindSHIFT Online – Microsoft Exchange Server
Microsoft SQL Server External links:
Download Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services …
Microsoft Visual Studio External links:
How to: Run Tests from Microsoft Visual Studio
Novell GroupWise External links:
Novell GroupWise – webmail.ipaglobal.com
gw.detroitmi.gov at WI. Novell GroupWise – Website informer
How to Set up Novell GroupWise on the iPhone | Chron.com
OLE DB External links:
How To Access an Oracle Database by Using the OLE DB …
Operating system External links:
Windows 10 operating system free download full version
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Operating System and Browser warning
Oracle Database External links:
Page Title – Oracle Database
FREE download Oracle Database Tables – WinSite
Original Equipment Manufacturer External links:
What is ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER (OEM)
What is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)? Webopedia
Original Equipment Manufacturer – OEM – Investopedia
Reporting software External links:
Mirus – Restaurant Reporting Software
Portfolio Management and Reporting Software – AssetBook
Medical Quality Reporting Software | Medisolv
SAP SE External links:
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SAP: SAP SE – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
SAP SE (SAP) Q4 Earnings Improve Y/Y, 2018 View Buoyant
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services – technet.microsoft.com
Seagate Technology External links:
Seagate Technology plc (STX) – Yahoo Finance
Seagate Technology Plc – NASDAQ:STX – Stock Quote & …
STX Key Statistics | Seagate Technology PLC – Yahoo Finance
Software categories External links:
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
What are some Enterprise Software categories? – Quora
Software developer External links:
Job Posting: Software Developer – DiscoverLink e-learning
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Software license External links:
Microsoft Software License Terms
QuickBooks Terms of Service & Software License Agreement
Legal – Software License Agreements – Apple
Text file External links:
How to write a text file on Powershell – Quora
Write data to text file – MATLAB fprintf – MathWorks
Visual Studio External links:
Visual Studio – Visual Studio – about.com
http://ad · www.about.com/Visual Studio
Products and Extensions for Visual Studio
Visual Studio Training | Visual Studio Developer Certification